The term “Winter” comes from Germany which means “Times of Water”. Among all the seasons in a year, Winter is the coldest one that arrives with too much fun and relives our outdoor sporty activities. It makes kids busy by building snowmen, celebrating, and eating delicious foods in festivals that fall in winter like Christmas and thanksgiving.
But did you know everything about the winter season, It’s obvious no one does? So to release you from heavy research on the snow Winter trivia quiz, We have shortlisted expert pick Winter trivia questions and answers.
Easy Winter Trivia Questions
1. What is the shape of the Snowflakes?
Answer: – Random.
2. How many sides does a snowflake have?
Answer: – Six.
3. What is the color of the Snow flower?
Answer: – scarlet red.
4. In Which season does earth comes closer to the sun?
Answer: – Winter.
5. What is the coldest place on Earth?
Answer: – Oymyakon, Sakha Republic, Russia.
6. Which fruit has a variety called ‘winter banana’?
Answer: – Apple.
7. Which city on Earth has heavy snowfall?
Answer: – Aomori (Japan).
8. Is it true, Winter cold kills more than twice as many Americans as compared to summer heat?
Answer: – Yes.
9. What materials are used to clean the road in winter as alternative salts?
Answer: – Beet juice, Beer waste, and Pickle Brine.
10. In which country you can see the hair freezing contest in winter?
Answer: – Canada.
20. When was the first snowman photograph taken?
Answer: – 1953.
21. What is the main character of the Ice age movie?
Answer: – Sid.
22. Which city holds the record for the world’s largest snowman?
Answer: – BETHEL, Maine.
23. Who popularised the word phrase “Snowmageddon”?
Answer: – Barak Obama.
24. What thing causes the winter season in the Southern and Northern Hemisphere?
Answer: – Earth’s Axis.
25. In which city would you visit the winter palace?
Answer: – Saint Petersburg, Russia.
26. What do you mean by Winter Holiday?
Answer: – Rest from Work in Winter.
Hard Winter Trivia Questions
27. What is the average speed of the Snowfall?
Answer: – 3mph.
28. Which kind of snow is capable to make a snowman?
Answer: – Wet Snow.
29. What was the world record for heavy snowfall in a 24 hour time period?
Answer: – 75.8 inches of snow fell in Silver Lake.
30. What is the correct ratio of perfect snow to water?
Answer: – 5:1.
31. The term “February” comes from which festival?
Answer: – Februa (Source).
32. What does a chinook mean?
Answer: – Winter Wind.
33. Why salts are used on Icy roads?
Answer: – Lowers the freezing point lower freezing point freezing point .
34. Shovel racing was started in which country?
Answer: – New Mexico.
35. There are how many types of snow you did know?
Answer: – Five (dry snow, moist snow, wet snow, very wet snow, & slush).
36. What kind of snow turns into glaciers?
Answer: – Partially Melted Snow.
37. How long does winter last in the Southern hemisphere?
Answer: – December to March.
38. What are the meaning of the two greek words “chion” and “Phobos”?
Answer: – “snow” and “fear”.
39. Approximately, How many crystals are fallen from the sky on every winter on earth?
Answer: – 1 Septrillion.
40. What was the height of the World’s largest snowman?
Answer: – 38.04 meters.
41. What is the minimum average temperature of the Polar Plateau ever recorded?
Answer: – “−89.2 °C (−128.6 °F)”.
42. What are the most common birthdays in the United States?
Answer: – 16th September.
43. How much water would produce from One inch of snow on 1 acre of snow ground?
Answer: – 2,715 Gallons.
44. Which city has built the most snow angels at a time?
Answer: – North Dakota (US State).
45. How many snow angels were created on that day?
Answer: – 8,962 snow angels.
46. What special kind of Butterflies flies to Mexico in winter?
Answer: – Monarch Butterflies.
47. How long-distance do they travel to migrate to Mexico?
Answer: – 2,500 Miles.
48. What percentage of Earth’s land has surfaced with snow permanently?
Answer: – 12%.
49. In between which years, Chicago had experienced its first coldest Winter?
Answer: – 2013 – 2014.
50. Which movie is the winter-related highest-grossing animated movie ever?
Answer: – Frozen.
51. How long does the Winter last in the Northern hemisphere?
Answer: – September to December.
Winter History Trivia Questions
52. The snowflakes are always random in size, but where did two snowflakes were found in similar shapes like twins?
Answer: – Wisconsin storm in an atmospheric research center (Colorado).
53. Where did the world’s largest snowflake was found?
Answer: – Fort Keogh.
54. The first snowmobile was invented in which country?
Answer: – Canada.
55. Dog sledding was originated from which country?
Answer: – Modern Canada.
56. What was the size of the largest snowflake ever found?
Answer: – 15 Inch.
57. The first winter war took place between which countries?
Answer: – The Soviet Union (USSR) and Finland.
58. In ancient Rome, An hour was calculated in how many minutes in winter?
Answer: – 45 Minutes.
59. When was the first winter war took place?
Answer: – 30th November 1939.
60. Which area of Washington state holds the world record for heavy snowfall at 1,140 inches of snow during 1998–1999?
Answer: – Mt. Baker Ski Area.
61. What is the percentage of fresh snow composed of air?
Answer: – 90%.
62. The coldest temperature ever recorded in the World is?
Answer: – “-89.2°C (-128.6°F)”.
63. When did Russia hit -96’F temperature in Winter and also that year made itself one of the coldest country on Earth?
Answer: – 1974.
64. What percentage of crashes happens in the USA for the wet pavement in Winter?
Answer: – 54%.
65. Where was the lowest temperature ever recorded occurred?
Answer: – Antarctica.
Winter Sports Trivia
66. The first Olympic Winter Games were held in which country?
Answer: – Chamonix (France).
67. The winter Olympics was started by whom?
Answer: – The International Olympic Committee.
68. What is the fastest sport on Ice?
Answer: – Luge.
69. The 1920 Winter Olympics gold medal was won by which country?
Answer: – China.
70. Which winter sport is also known as “the roaring game”?
Answer: – Curling.
71. What is the most popular sport of Winter in the United States?
Answer: – Ski Jumping.
72. Who has most of the Athletes in the Winter Olympics?
Answer: – United States.
73. What are the four winter Sports in Winter Olympics?
Answer: – ice hockey, speed skating, figure skating, and curling.
74. What is the oldest winter Sport in the World?
Answer: – Figure skating.
75. How many sports are there in Winter Olympics?
Answer: – 15 or More.
76. Which winter sport is not part of the summer Olympics?
Answer: – Skating.
77. There were how many countries participated in the winter Olympics?
Answer: – Sixteen Nations (source of Information).
78. Winter Olympics falls in between how many years?
Answer: – Four Years.
79. Who invented Ice-Skating?
Answer: – Finns.
80. Which animal bones were used for Ice-Skating?
Answer: – Either cattle or horses.
Winter Festivals Trivia
81. The shortest day of the year is called?
Answer: – Winter Solstice.
82. What is the annual winter solstice festival of Brighton, England?
Answer: – “Burning the Clocks”.
83. What event takes place in Niagara Falls, Canada, during winter?
Answer: – Winter Festival of Light.
84. What is the name of a famous winter festival that takes place in Miami Beach?
Answer: – the White Party Festival.
85. The shoes are used for ice skating is called what?
Answer: – Ice Skates.
86. The people of Iran call “Winter Solstice” what?
Answer: – Yalda Night.
87. When was the snowball fight banned?
Answer: – 1962 (Source of Information).
88. Which zodiac sign runs from November 22 to December 21?
Answer: – Sagittarius.
89. Which Christmas carol is written based on a poem by Christina Rossetti?
Answer: – In the Bleak Midwinter.
90. Which country has owned most of the medals in the first Olympic Winter games?
Answer: – The Soviet Union.
Winter Trivia for Kids
91. Scientists Observed Snow falling on which other planet in our solar system like Earth?
Answer: – Mars.
92. How long does the winter holiday take place in the US?
Answer: – a week in February or March including President’s Day.
93. The bad snowstorm in winter called?
Answer: – blizzard.
94. What is the average size of snowflakes?
Answer: – .02 inch to .2 inch.
95. Which is the nearest and coldest planet to Sun?
Answer: – Uranus.
96. Which season comes after winter?
Answer: – Summer.
97. When does The winter solstice start in the Northern hemisphere?
Answer: – December 21 or 22nd.
98. What phobia is the extreme fear of snow?
Answer: – Chinophobia Hydrophobia Nephophobia Pteromerhanophobia.
99. From which animal kingdom the Polar bear belongs?
Answer: – Animalia.
100. The method of measuring the winter season used by meteorologists is known as what?
Answer: – Meteorological Winter.
101. The Animals sleep during winter is called what?
Answer: – Acclimatization Intervisitation Hibernation Migration.
102. What type of snowfall is good for Sledding?
Answer: – Dry Snow.
103. What is the cause behind the Watermelon snow color?
Answer: – Green algae.
104. Is it true Son looks bigger in the Winter season?
Answer: – yes.
105. What is the common effect in Winter with Animals and birds?
Answer: – Migration.
Might Like: 89+ Well Arranged Art Trivia Questions and Answers.