Sharks are otherwise known as the longest-living vertebrates on earth that hold countless secrets with them. In fact, Tiger sharks are best known for their hunting capabilities whereas whale sharks show their kindness & sharks like Kitefin glow in the dark due to hormone secretion. These abilities make them interesting.
In this shark trivia question, You can lighten your mind by knowing more about sharks and their activities inside the deep ocean. Let’s start…
Easy Shark Trivia
- The most shark attacks happen in which US state?
Answer: – Florida
- Which body part of a shark helps scientists to determine its age?
Answer: – Shark’s vertebrae
- Dwarf lantern sharks are mostly seen on which coast?
Answer: – Cumbia and Venezuela
- The group of great white sharks is called what?
Answer: – A School
- What type of tail do sharks have?
Answer: – heterocercal
- Which shark species has a very slow metabolism rate?
Answer: – Nurse Shark
- Female Great white sharks have how many uteri to carry babies?
Answer: – Two
- Sharks have how many swim bladders?
Answer: – None
- The toothlike scales in sharks are called?
Answer: – Denticles
- How long can a Greenland shark live in cold water?
Answer: – 250 and 500 years
Hard Shark Trivia
- Which organ inside sharks allows them to sense electromagnetic fields?
Answer: – Ampullae of Lorenzini
- The surface skin of sharks is made with some tiny teeth-like rough structures called what?
Answer: – Placoid scales
- What are the three dangerous shark species that are responsible for most human bites?
Answer: – Tiger sharks, Bull sharks, and White Sharks
- Which country first started the shark spotter program for swimmers’ safety?
Answer: – South Africa
- A reflective layer of tissue in the back of sharks’ eyeballs is called what?
Answer: – Tapetum
- The weight of a shark’s heart is how much percentage of its whole body part?
Answer: – 25%
- What type of foods do hammerhead sharks love to eat?
Answer: – Other sharks, squid, octopuses, and crustaceans
- What makes Kitefin sharks glow in the dark?
Answer: – Bioluminescent
- Which sharks are great divers can dive up to 2,200 meters deep?
Answer: – Hammerhead Sharks
- Whale sharks are capable of processing how many gallons of water in a single hour?
Answer: – 1500 Gallon (6000 Litre)
General Shark Trivia
- Which sharks have thicker skin, Male or Female?
Answer: – Female
- Which beach is best known for most shark attacks?
Answer: – New Smyrna Beach, Florida
- How many pubs does a great white shark carry when pregnant?
Answer: – 6-12
- In which water line does the bull shark love to live?
Answer: – Both
- What is the term used to define baby sharks?
Answer: – Pubs
- how many gills slits does a great white shark have?
Answer: – Five
- What are the three shark species that glow in the dark (deep water)?
Answer: – The Kitefin Shark, the Blackbelly Lanternshark, and the southern Lanternshark
- Which type of predators are Tiger sharks?
Answer: – Apex Predators
- What is the oldest living shark species that still exists?
Answer: – Greenland Sharks
- Sharks are categorized into what types of fish?
Answer: – Elasmobranch
Shark Trivia for Kids
- There are how many numbers of shark species found?
Answer: – 500+
- Which sharks are the bigger in size?
Answer: – Whale Sharks (40 feet)
- Whale sharks have how many teeth in their lifetime?
Answer: – 3000
- What are the two most clever and smart sharks of all?
Answer: – The Great white shark and the Hammerhead shark
- There are how many bones in a shark’s body?
Answer: – None
- All Shark species belong to which class group?
Answer: – Chondrichthyes
- The shape of the hammerhead shark’s head defines which English alphabet letter?
Answer: – T
- Which sharks are also known as gentle giants?
Answer: – Whale Sharks
- Which shark species likes to sleep all day?
Answer: – Nurse Sharks
- In which season do tiger sharks migrate?
Answer: – Winter