Florida, The 27th US state that stands alongside the shore of the Atlantic Ocean and is best known for its Latin-American cultural influences and impressive arts scene. The haven-like place, Where the famous Walt Disney World and theme-parks like eye-catching sites are spotted.
But, how much do you know about Florida? If not very much, then our below-researched Florida trivia questions and answers are enough to educate you more about this state. Let’s start…
Easy Florida Trivia
- The Native Americans who live in Florida are called?
Answer: – Seminoles
- What is the meaning of the original name of Florida “La Florida”?
Answer: – “Place of Flowers”
- What is the meaning of “Pascua Florida” (the festival of Florida on Easter)?
Answer: – “Feast of Flower” or “Flowery Festival”
- The name “La Florida” was given by whom?
Answer: – Ponce de León
- Florida is bordered by which oceans?
Answer: – Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico
- What are the two biggest theme parks in the World that are in Florida?
Answer: – Universal Studios and Walt Disney World Resort
- What is the busiest airport in Florida?
Answer: – Orlando International
- Which city in Florida has the most boating lines?
Answer: – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Florida is what numbered US state by population?
Answer: – 3rd
- Which lake in Florida is also known as the “Big Water”?
Answer: – Lake Okeechobee
Hard Florida Trivia
- Who was the first sailor who sailed to Florida in 1513 searching for gold and silver?
Answer: – Ponce de Leon
- 1763, Which country took control of Florida from Spain?
Answer: – The British
- The trade which land that Spain gave the control of Florida to the British?
Answer: – Havana and Manila
- After years of negotiation, When did Spain hand over the control of Florida to the US?
Answer: – 1821
- Which year the Florida became the state of the United States?
Answer: – March 3, 1845
- What are the two Native American tribes lived in Florida?
Answer: – Seminole Tribe of Florida and the Miccosukee Indian Tribe of Florida
- What is the height of Britton Hill peak from the sea level?
Answer: – 345 feet
- Where did Florida make history by flying the first commercial flight service?
Answer: – St. Petersburg–Tampa
- What is the biggest lake in Florida?
Answer: – Lake Okeechobee
- What are the two National parks in Miami enhancing its beauty?
Answer: – Everglades National Park and Biscayne National Park
General Florida Trivia
- How long is the coastline of Florida?
Answer: – 825 miles
- What is the longest beach in Florida?
Answer: – Canaveral National Seashore
- How many official beaches does Florida have?
Answer: – 189
- What is the highest natural point in Florida from sea level?
Answer: – Britton Hill
- What city in Florida is the safest from hurricanes?
Answer: – Winter Springs
- There are how many islands come under the state of Florida?
Answer: – 4,500
- What is the biggest island in Florida by size?
Answer: – Pine Island
- The region “Florida Keys” is the home to how many keys?
Answer: – 800
- How long do the Florida Keys stretch over?
Answer: – 180 Miles
- What is the only coral barrier reef in the US in Florida?
Answer: – Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary
Florida Trivia for Kids
- What is the nickname of Florida?
Answer: – The Sunshine State
- The biggest city in Florida by area is?
Answer: – Jacksonville
- Which space center is located in Florida?
Answer: – Kennedy Space Center
- How many national parks does Florida have?
Answer: – 11 National Parks
- What is the capital of Florida?
Answer: – Tallahassee
- What is the state bird of Florida?
Answer: – Northern Mockingbird
- How many lakes lie in the land of Florida?
Answer: – 7,500+
- What is the national animal of Florida?
Answer: – Florida Panthor
- What is the state flower of Florida?
Answer: – Orange blossom
- Florida is the what numbered state in the United States?
Answer: – 27th
- When does Florida celebrate “Pascua Florida”?
Answer: – Apr 2
Other State Trivia Suggestions