“Fall”, A beautiful season that turns everyone to take a break from the day-to-day rush lifestyle and plan a holiday. Moreover, it is the season of amazing festivals like Treat-or-treating, Halloween, & Thanksgiving. Festival makes everyone plan a tour, eat delicious food and spend quality time with family and beloved ones. For the kids, these are the days to do fun and extraordinary activities.
The meaning of fall is “Fall of the Leaves” and it comes before the Winter. During the fall the leaves of the tree start falling & soil start smelling (Petrichor).
To reduce your effort in research about fall, We have shortlisted some helpful fall trivia questions and answers to expand your knowledge about the autumn season. Let’s start…
Easy Fall Trivia
1. When did the term “fall” use by people instead of Autumn?
Answer: – The 1600s
2. What is the meaning of the term “fall”?
Answer: – “Fall of the Leaves”
3. Why there is more reason to wish congrats to relatives or a known person in the fall?
Answer: – Increase of Newborn Babies
4. What are the months of the Autumn season in the northern hemisphere?
Answer: – September, October & November
5. What are the months of Autumn in the southern hemisphere?
Answer: – March, April & May
6. What color effect makes women more attractive in Autumn?
Answer: – “Contrast Effect”
7. Why do people consider fall the best season?
Answer: – Cooler Weather
8. What is the most popular dessert of the Autumn season in the United States?
Answer: – Apple pie
9. Who named the season fall?
Answer: – It is a word choice by the people of the United States
10. When does the fall season come to Australia each year?
Answer: – March, April & Many
11. According to the people of the United States, What is the healthiest fruit of fall?
Answer: – Apple
12. Is it true that babies born in the fall are more possible to live 100 years?
Answer: – Yes
13. Most of the babies are born in which season?
Answer: – Autumn
14. What planet You can see easily in the sky during the fall?
Answer: – Mercury
15. How many varieties of Apples you can find in the fall?
Answer: – 25,000 Types
16. Where does the balloon festival held in the united states?
Answer: – Albuquerque, NM
Hard Fall Trivia
17. In between the 12th to 13th centuries, Fall was also known as?
Answer: – Harvest
18. November month is a what kind of autumn?
Answer: – Meteorological autumn
19. What was the reason people were calling the fall season that harvest?
Answer: – Because the moon comes close to the autumn equinox
20. What does autumn smell like?
Answer: – Brisk, crisp, slightly sharp
21. What is the meaning of autumn in the European language?
Answer: – Connected with the harvesting of crops
22. According to Greek legends, Why autumn season cause?
Answer: – Because of Persephone’s return to the underworld
23. When can you see the northern lights?
Answer: – From late September to late March
24. What was the weight of the most enormous pumpkin pie made in September?
Answer: – 3,699 Pound
Fall Festival Trivia
The weather and festivals in the fall are the two major aspects that make fall more beautiful. Halloween and thanksgiving are the two major festivals observed by the people in the United States. It gives chance to spend quality time with family by escaping from day-to-day busy schedules. During festivals, People love to participate in social activities, cook delicious food, tour with friends and share kinder behavior towards neighbors.
Also Check: 99+ Christmas Trivia Questions and Answers
25. Candy Corn is created by whom?
Answer: – George Renninger
26. The candy corn is alternatively called what?
Answer: – Chicken Feed
27. The treat-or-treating came from which tradition?
Answer: – Souling
28. Which city holds the record for the highest display of 30,581 Jack o’lanterns?
Answer: – Keene, New Hampshire
29. When does the day of the dead observe?
Answer: – 2nd November
30. When did the “Halloween” movie release?
Answer: – 1978
31. Who was the main character in the Halloween movie?
Answer: – Michael Myers
32. Halloween tradition originated from which festival?
Answer: – Ancient Celtic festival of Samhain
33. What is the name of the festival in Des Moines is similar to treat-or-treating?
Answer: – Beggar’s Night
34. When did Beggar’s Night festival begin to celebrate in Des Moines?
Answer: – 1938
Also Check: 134 Best Football Trivia Questions and Answers
35. When was the first day of Thanksgiving celebrated?
Answer: – 1621
36. What is the most popular dish of Thanksgiving in the United States?
Answer: – Turkey
37. When did Abraham Lincoln proclaim that Thanksgiving was a national holiday?
Answer: – October 3, 1863
38. What US president refused to declare Thanksgiving a holiday?
Answer: – Thomas Jefferson
39. Who wrote, “Mary had a Little Lamb”?
Answer: – Sarah Josepha Hale
40. Which US president formalized the turkey pardoning tradition in 1989?
Answer: – George H.W. Bush (Source)
41. The average of how many calories are consumed by Americans on Thanksgiving?
Answer: – 4,500 calories
42. When did the first NFL games were played on Thanksgiving?
Answer: – 1920
43. Which city is known for the oldest Thanksgiving day parade?
Answer: – Detroit, Michigan, United States
44. What is the only area in Australia that celebrates Thanksgiving?
Answer: – Norfolk Island
Fall Trivia for Kids
44. The first day of fall is known as what?
Answer: – Autumnal equinox
45. When does the Autumnal Equinox fall each year?
Answer: – September 22 or 23
46. What is the popular sport of fall for Kids in the United States?
Answer: – Soccer
47. Catching falling leaves from trees good luck or bad luck?
Answer: – Good luck
48. Who wrote the book “A Year in Country”?
Answer: – Alison Uttley
49. When you can spot the harvesting moon?
Answer: – Autumn Equinox
50. When does the Autumn season end?
Answer: – 21 December
51. The word autumn is derived from where?
Answer: – Latin Autumnus
52. What are the popular festivals celebrated in the autumn season?
Answer: – Halloween & Thanksgiving
53. What animal forgets to recover buried nuts that help to create trees in falls?
Answer: – Quarrel
54. Who hosts the second largest Oktoberfest in the World?
Answer: – Blumenau, Brazil
55. Which pigment blocks the leaf to show its actual color?
Answer: – Chlorophyll
56. Because of chlorophyll, the actual color of the leaf turns to which color?
Answer: – Green
57. What is the actual work of chlorophyll?
Answer: – Absorve the light from the sun and helps Photosynthesis
58. Except for chlorophyll, The tree contains two other chemicals responsible for the color change, What are those?
Answer: – Xanthophyll (Yellow in Color) and Carotene (Orange in Color)