Hey there, baseball fans! Are you ready to test your knowledge of one of the game’s most iconic franchises? The Boston Red Sox has been a fixture of the sports world for over a century, and there are countless fascinating facts and trivia tidbits to discover about this legendary team.
In this blog, we’ll explore some of the most interesting stories and historical moments from the Boston Red Sox’s storied past.
Boston Red Sox Trivia
- What is the row and seat number at Fenway Park where Ted Williams hit a 502-foot home run on June 9, 1946?
Answer: – Row 37, Seat 21
- Who was the person seated on the seat on that day?
Answer: – Joe Boucher (A Construction Worker)
- When was Green Monster introduced?
Answer: – 1914
- Who was the owner of the Red Sox during the “Green Monster” time?
Answer: – Joseph Lannin
- What is the height and width of the monster Green at Fenway Park?
Answer: – 37 feet tall and stretching 231 feet wide
- When was the most popular Baseball team “Boston Red Sox ‘founded?
Answer: – 1901
- do you know, Who was the first owner of the “Red Sox”?
Answer: – Charles Somers
- Who named the team “Red Sox”?
Answer: – John I. Taylor
- Johnny Peaky hit how many home runs in his entire career?
Answer: – 17
- Who bought both Red Sox and Fenway Park in 1933?
Answer: – Yawkey and Jean R. Yawkey (Source)
- What was the name of the Owner of the Red Sox who sold Babe Ruth to the New York Yankees?
Answer: – Harry Frazee
- At what age Babe Ruth joined Red Sox?
Answer: – 19
- How many times have the red sox won the world series title?
Answer: – 9
- How many Hall of Fame does Red Sox have?
Answer: – 16
- Fisk Pole at Fenway named after whom?
Answer: – Carlton Fisk
- What was the height of Duffy’s Cliff after 2011 Fenway Park?
Answer: – 10-foot
- How many times Red Sox has played American League tiebreakers at Fenway Park?
Answer: – Two Times
- For whom the Red Sox faced the Curse of Bambino?
Answer: – Babe Ruth
- Who was the president of the American League when Harry Frazee bought Fenway Park?
Answer: – Ban Johnson
- When did Red Sox win its first World Series?
Answer: – 1903
- After lots of arguments and fights, Which year Harry Frazee bought Fenway Park?
Answer: – August 1919 (Source)
- When was the green monster completely covered up with advertisements?
Answer: – 1947
- Who was a slap-hitting infielder for the Red Sox from 1942 to 1952?
Answer: – Johnny Pesky
- Which company redone the Green Monster to a metal scoreboard in 2001?
Answer: – Counterpart Inc
- What is the current seating capacity of Fenway Park for Night Games?
Answer: – 37,755
- What is the most popular foul pole in Fenway Park?
Answer: – Pesky’s Pole
- Johnny Pesky has played how many games at Fenway Park?
Answer: – 539
- Jimmy Foxx and Joe Cronin were brought by which Red Sox owner?
Answer: – Thomas Austin Yawkey (Tom Yawkey)
- Which legendary baseball player 502 ft (153 m) home run at Fenway Park?
Answer: – Ted Williams
- After how many years red sox won its sixth world series?
Answer: – 86 Years
- Which year Red Sox defeated Colorado Rockies in the World Series?
Answer: – 2007
- Jimmie Foxx has spent how many seasons in Major League Baseball with Boston Red Sox?
Answer: – 14
Read Also: – Challenging Sports Trivia Questions And Answers
Other Baseball Trivia: –
- Surprising Baseball Trivia for Kids (34 Questions to Try)
- 20+ Ultimate Detroit Tigers Trivia Questions to Uncover the History
- 30+ Surprising Trivia About the Boston Red Sox You Never Know
- 30+ Fascinating New York Yankees Trivia Questions You Didn’t Know
- 25 Fascinating World Series Trivia Questions for Baseball Lovers