Like Football and Basketball, Baseball is one of the most popular and most played sports in the United States. It was created in 1876 by Alexander Cartwright, Who is also known as the father of modern Baseball.
You might be a Baseball fan but do you know who invented it and where it originated from? Then try out an excellent collection of the latest and valuable Baseball trivia.
Easy Baseball Trivia
- The game Baseball originated from which country?
Answer: – United States
- Baseball is most popular in the USA, but Which country has the largest pro Baseball league outside the U.S?
Answer: – Japan
- Which country has most of the wins in Olympic Baseball?
Answer: – Cuba
- What is the worst shoulder injury for a Baseball pitcher?
Answer: – Labrum Tear
- Who won the first modern Baseball match between the Knickerbockers Club of Hoboken and New York Nine?
Answer: – New York Nine
- Which is the biggest Baseball event in the world?
Answer: – World Series
- Who is known as the “female Jackie Robinson” in Baseball?
Answer: – Toni Stone
- Which Baseball team has won most of the “World Series Championships”?
Answer: – New York Yankees
- Who holds the record for “the most often hit by a pitch” in Baseball?
Answer: – Hughie Jennings
- Who founded New York Knickerbocker Base Ball Club?
Answer: – Alexander J. Cartwright
- The area between 5-7 inches from the barrel end of the Baseball bat is known as the?
Answer: – Sweet Spots
- Who is the fastest pitcher has ever recorded?
Answer: – Aroldis Chapman
- What field is the home ground of the Boston Red Sox?
Answer: – Fenway Park
- Who is the woman who holds the record for the fastest Baseball pitch?
Answer: – Lauren Boden
- What is the name of the team that has the most players in the Hall of Fame?
Answer: – San Francisco Giants
- Who has celebrated his 1st 100 home runs by running the bases of the backyard?
Answer: – Jimmy Piersall
- What is the salary scale of Minor League Baseball players?
Answer: – $4,800 to $19,800
- Who was the first woman to Play Professional Baseball in the Negro League?
Answer: – Toni Stone (Source)
- Who was the major league Baseball player killed by a pitched ball?
Answer: – Ray Chapman
- Who was the last left-handed catcher to play in the Baseball big leagues?
Answer: – Benny Distefano
Read Also: – Basketball Trivia Questions and Answers
Hard Baseball Trivia
- Which book was the first reference to the term “Baseball”?
Answer: – A Little Pretty Pocket-Book
- Who wrote the song “Take Me Out to the Ballgame”?
Answer: – Jack Norworth and Albert von Tilzer in 1908
- What is the oldest professional Baseball team in the world?
Answer: – The Cincinnati Red Stockings
- When did a Baseball scandal turn the Chicago White Sox into “Black Sox”?
Answer: – 1920
- How much was the world’s most expensive autographed Baseball by Joe DiMaggio & Marilyn Monroe?
Answer: – $191,200
- How long was the longest Baseball game in MLB?
Answer: – 8 Hours 6 Minutes
- How many Hall of Fames do the San Francisco Giants have?
Answer: – 24 Hall Of Fames
- Who was the first female who was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame?
Answer: – Effa Louise Manley
- There were two versions of Baseball during the Civil War, What are these?
Answer: – Massachusetts game & New York game
- The least number of people recorded at an official Baseball game was?
Answer: – 347
- The Baseball match which was first aired on television was played between which teams?
Answer: – Brooklyn and Cincinnati
- What is the fastest game in Major League history?
Answer: – 51 Minutes
- What is the fastest speed ever bowled in Baseball?
Answer: – 105.1 mph
- Who created the diamond in Baseball?
Answer: – Robert Keating
- When was Johnny Jones traded to Charlotte Hornets for a 25-pound turkey?
Answer: – 1930
- The longest Baseball game in MLB has how many innings?
Answer: – 26 innings
- Cuba owns how many gold medals in Olympics Baseball?
Answer: – 3
- Who was the 1st woman regularly host Major League Baseball games for a television network?
Answer: – Gayle Gardner
- What was the name of the father and son, who had played the major leagues as teammates for the Seattle Mariners?
Answer: – Ken Griffey Sr. and Ken Griffey Jr
- Who was the famous Baseball player striking out Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig in succession in the 1930s?
Answer: – Jackie Mitchell
Baseball History Trivia
- Baseball was invented in which century?
Answer: – 1800s
- When did New York Knickerbocker Base Ball Club found?
Answer: – 1845 (Source)
- The first recorded modern Baseball was played between which teams?
Answer: – New York Nine and Knickerbockers Club of Hoboken
- Who won a Little League World Series Baseball game?
Answer: – Mo’ne Davis
- When did Boston Americans 1st time win the world series of Baseball?
Answer: – 1903
- “LA Dodgers” was originally founded in which city?
Answer: – Brooklyn
- Who is known as the richest Baseball player of all time?
Answer: – Alex Rodriguez
- The 1st reference to the Word “Baseball” was created by whom?
Answer: – John Newberry
- Who is the only writer, Who has been selected for the Baseball Hall of Fame?
Answer: – Henry Chadwick
- When did the first World Series event start?
Answer: – 1903
- Between which years was Baseball an official sport of the Olympic Games?
Answer: – 1992 to 2008
- When was Cincinnati Red Stockings founded?
Answer: – 1869
- Who was the first US president to throw the ceremonial ball?
Answer: – William Howard Taft
- When was the National Association of Professional Baseball Players founded?
Answer: – 17 March 1871
- The First Baseball team to wear numbers on the back of their jerseys was?
Answer: – Newyork Yankees (the 1920s)
- The journey of MLB started with how many Baseball teams?
Answer: – Eight
- The longest Baseball game in MLB was played between which teams?
Answer: – Pawtucket Red Sox and the Rochester Red Wings
- The fastest Baseball pitch by a woman is?
Answer: – 69 mph (111.05 km/h) (Source)
- When was the song “The Star-Spangled Banner” performed?
Answer: – September 5, 1918
- When did the 1st Baseball match air on Television?
Answer: – May 17, 1939
- Who hit a home run for the New York Giants during the 1951 National League playoff game against the Brooklyn Dodgers?
Answer: – baseman Bobby Thomson
Read Also: – Most Finest Football Trivia Questions and Answers
Useful Baseball Trivia
- Usually, A Baseball match takes how much time?
Answer: – 3hr
- When did National League accept the measurement of “Baseball diamond”?
Answer: – 1877 (Source)
- There are how many Baseball games in a season?
Answer: – 162
- The major league of Baseball season starts in which month?
Answer: – April
- What materials inside the Baseball help Baseball to bounce?
Answer: – Rubber and Cock
- What is the lifespan of major league Baseball?
Answer: – 5–7 pitches
- Who was the Baseball player who hit two consecutive fouls that hit a woman twice?
Answer: – Richie Ashburn
- What is the size of an infield Baseball diamond?
Answer: – 90 Feet
- There are how many innings in a Baseball Match?
Answer: – 9
- How many Baseballs are used in a major league game?
Answer: – 80 Balls
- Who performed one of the 3 field positions in Baseball?
Answer: – Left Fielder & Right Fielder
- There are how many ways to elect the Baseball Hall of Fame members?
Answer: – Through the Veterans Committee or the Baseball Writers’ Association of America
- Who is the only MLB player to get hit by two teams in one day?
Answer: – Joel Youngblood
- The specific rules for balks were introduced in which year?
Answer: – 1898
- What are the materials used to build a Baseball?
Answer: – Cork, Rubber & Leather
- What is the major equipment required to play Baseball?
Answer: – A Ball, Bat, and gloves
- What is the unofficial anthem for American Baseball?
Answer: – “TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME”
- How many double-stitches are needed to complete a Major League Baseball?
Answer: – 108
- The peak of Baseball cards raised in which century?
Answer: – 1990s
- If a player makes an illegal motion of a pitcher in Baseball is known as a?
Answer: – Balk
- Who was the famous Baseball player who got retired due to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?
Answer: – Lou Gehrig
- Which Baseball team first wore Baseball caps?
Answer: – New York Knickerbockers
- Who is known as the hot corner in Baseball?
Answer: – The third-base
- Who is the captain of the outfield?
Answer: – The center fielder
- Before 1979, WHIP was called?
Answer: – Inning pitched ratio
- When was the first wild card rule introduced?
Answer: – 1994
Read Also: – Challenging Basketball Trivia for Kids
Baseball Trivia for Kids
- Who is the father of modern Baseball?
Answer: – Alexander Cartwright
- At what age babe ruth started playing Baseball?
Answer: – 19 Years Old
- Fenway Park is the home ground of which Baseball team?
Answer: – Boston Red Sox
- What is the oldest Baseball park situated in the USA?
Answer: – Fenway Park
- Which one is the most expensive Baseball card ever?
Answer: – 1952 Mickey Mantle Baseball card
- What is the oldest Baseball field in the World?
Answer: – Labatt Park, London
- Who holds the record for the “longest home run”?
Answer: – Babe Ruth
- What is the most popular ballpark item among Baseball fans?
Answer: – Hot Dogs
- When did the first recorded modern Baseball take place?
Answer: – June 19, 1846
- When did the National Baseball Hall of Fame found?
Answer: – 1936
- What is the real name of Major League Baseball player “Yogi Berra”?
Answer: – Lawrence Peter Berra
- Who is known as the “Sultan of Swat” in Baseball?
Answer: – Babe Ruth
- Who is the field general in Baseball?
Answer: – The catcher
- Cal Ripken Jr. has played how many Major League Baseball games in his entire career?
Answer: – 2632
Other Baseball Trivia: –
- Surprising Baseball Trivia for Kids (34 Questions to Try)
- 20+ Ultimate Detroit Tigers Trivia Questions to Uncover the History
- 30+ Surprising Trivia About the Boston Red Sox You Never Know
- 30+ Fascinating New York Yankees Trivia Questions You Didn’t Know
- 25 Fascinating World Series Trivia Questions for Baseball Lovers
- 100+ Fun and Interesting Baseball Trivia to Share with Friends